Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dear Amanda,

I just spent some time looking at things on facebook, and I'm realizing more and more that life is not going to be the same when i go back home... my friends who were super close before will have moved on, and some of the relationships i had will be fizzing out. That seriously just depressed me, and makes me really want to just stay here longer. Something else I realized today, is that when I come back to visit, I won't see all the interns here. That makes me really sad. I really don't like transition times. I don't like that every two seconds someone comes up to me or mentions that "isn't it almost to the end of your time here?" or "It's going to be really sad when you guys leave"

you think you're going to be sad? hah.

I won't lie, I am truly excited for the unknown, for the future, but i can't help but think about how much it sucks at the same time. I'm finally comfortable here. I've found a family. [Lolly finally knows my name!]...I'm not ready to up and leave.
I guess somewhere in my head, until just now, i thought that i would come back and all my friends would be exactly the same and all the time i spent with them would keep me up there in their priority of friend "list"....but i realize now that is not true at all. People move on.....especially when you move to NorCal.

So...you've got to stick with me, K?
i need ya.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I'm always here for you.

    ReplyDelete