Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dear Amanda,

I have resolved that it is time for ME to listen to GOD.
Not listen to other people talk to me ABOUT God.
Not listen to people tell me what God is saying to me.
Not listen to God speak through other people...

but DIRECTLY to me.

Because i know, that he is willing.
And i know, that he is speaking.
And i know, that i haven't really been listening.

I want to hear the unsolicited voice of God.
To incline my ear to that small and gentle whisper.
Because He IS in control.
Because He has plans set before me that i will never understand.
Because I'm learning that He isn't out to torture me.

Because I'm worth it.
Becuase He loves me.

To realize that i have misunderstood,
thinking that He was simply someone to go to for guidance
and not...

a best friend, an abba father, my daddy.



He will speak, i will listen, and

I WILL do what He says.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a marvelous plan! He SO desires that and you're right, you ARE worth it!

    Btw, what promoted that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just trying to figure out what the heck i'm doing with my life.

    I mean, it's been wonderful being depressed and just wanting to sleep and all, but i'd like to get the ball rolling and figure out
    1. what my motivation is
    2. what my goal is
    3. what God has for me

    [because it's got to be better than the mess i'm in right now]

    ReplyDelete
  3. it feels like this conversation was about 800 bajillion years ago. time has been CRAWLING!

    ReplyDelete