Friday, June 18, 2010

Dear Amanda,

I wrote one blog post. then i changed my mind and decided to write another one because that one seemed just a little superficial/surfacey.

Life has been really strange these days. it is so weird for me being in this whole new job and world when i'm at Red Robin.. but i REALLY like it. like, when i'm working at the silver store, it is SO different. like the managers at red robin really care about what's happening besides just money.. and everyone seems to really care about each other. it's just a really good environment. and the last couple times that i've worked there, i'm thoroughly enjoyed just being on my feet and running around grabbing menus and cleaning the bathroom every 15 minutes and opening the door for guests and giving little kids balloons. i know it sounds like a really strange thing to be soo happy about, but i really honestly am. and it's somewhere where nobody knows me, so it's really interesting seeing what people see in me... or expect from me. i realize that i really like going beyond people's expectations of me. The girl that i have been training with is named Cristina, and she seems cool. she's really nice, but she's definitely shy, she graduates hs really soon, and it has been cool going through the experience with someone else. I've forgotten how much work it takes to make your way into people's hearts. i've been trying to figure out who i need to make friends with first at red robin.. right now i'm just being nice to everyone. :)
that is red robin in a nutshell.

Let's see..home has been pretty chill recently, i think it's because no one has brought up anything regarding all the scary money stuff that is going on. My dad still doesn't have a job, but i think he just got his last check, so people aren't stressing around here yet. And everythings settled down a bit because it is everyone's celebrations this month, and the lakers just won the championship [my house is FULL of lakers fans] so since it was my brother's birthday and then it's father's day and then it's my mom's birthday, and my little sister just graduated from elementary school, everyone's pretty much in a jovial mood, especially since i've been able to take care of a few of the meals out and the presents with my job[s] thank you jesus.

I really want to finish my room so i can move back into it. i think that will be a nice relief. i feel like such a mess with all my stuff everywhere. i like being organized, but i can't do that very well when i don't have anywhere to be organized in. that's how i'm feeling about my house.

random subject change, as my parole officer you would be proud to know that it has been 2 weeks. i am very proud of myself. God has helped a lot. it is crazy how when you are trying to hear God's voice it is so much easier to stop yourself from doing things that will put up blocks between you.

As for the Philippines, i am supposed to call Angie by Saturday to tell her what i decide. Quite the deadline. I am still unsure about the whole thing. honestly, i think i'm just going to have to make a decision and trust that i did the right thing. i wish that i could give you some sort of concrete decision, but i really don't know yet. i don't think i'll know until i get on the phone and tell her. Right now, i'm not going to lie, i'm really scared that if i decide to not go i'm going to lose your friendship..or you're going to be super disappointed in me or you're going to look at me differently, and that's why i want to just say "ok, i'll go" but, i know that is not a good reason...just to avoid disappointing someone. idk.

and, that may or may not be the reason why i have been slacking on the blog.

we need to get back to texting more. i promise, i have just been nervous that you're going to hate me.

i love you a lot.
and i miss you even more. [i don't know how that's possible, but i do]

xoxoxo
Dorri.

1 comment:

  1. You're right, my love is TOTALLY conditional. One wrong move, and you'll lose any kind of relationship with me. FOREVER!

    How in the world can you think that way? I will always love you. You may make choices that I don't agree with, but I will still love you. You know how I feel about you going to the Philippines. If you choose not to go, I will still love you. If you DO go, I won't love you more, I will still love you as I do. I love you for who you are, not for what you do.

    My fear, if I may be completely honest, is that you will not go because you don't feel like it. There is a perfectly fine life that you're living now and you'll grow comfortable in that. You’re able to have fun and do what you like, but you won't release all of the control of your life to God. It's not that I think you need to be in the Philippines. I don't know for a fact that your life will forever be changed by a person or an experience from your time there. I DO think that by going and trusting God that HE knows what he's doing, your life will never be the same. You have a unique opportunity, Dorri Mang. People are waiting for YOU. True, Zac is going. But, Zac doesn't know sign language. There is an entire group of people that could have their lives changed by having YOU there.

    Living here and being involved in a church, school, job, etc. isn’t something bad. It’s completely normal. However, I have never known you to be normal. You are an extraordinary person and I would expect you to live an extraordinary life. I know that people use “extraordinary” to mean beyond ordinary, or ordinary with a little more oomph. But it means, going beyond what is usual, regular, or customary. You are so capable of going beyond. You do in so many ways just by being who you are. What you do with your life should be a reflection of that. I want you to live outside of comfortable. I want you to throw away everything to follow God. Maybe I want this so much for you because I can't do it myself. I would love to drop everything to live in another country and love on people. I can't. My family is amazing and I wouldn't trade them for the world, but because I have them, I can't just leave at the drop of a hat for months at a time. But you can! It kills me that you would even consider not going. It’s only 9 months of your life!

    I will always love you and be here for you. I may not agree with everything you do or choose, but I will love you.

    I think that’s it. (For now.)

    Okay, I need to go check on my children. I have been sitting here for a while trying to get my thoughts out and it’s been far too quiet in the other room.

    I do miss your postings. I love The Adventures Of Dorri Mang! I feel privileged that you dedicated an entire blog to keep me up to date on you and your life. I love it and you! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete