Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dear Amanda,

I know you are probably frustrated with me,
not exactly happy with my decisions
or even proud of me at all,
and i know it may be hard to believe this,
and we will probably have to agree to disagree,
but i believe that i made the right decision.
it was the most difficult decision i've ever had to make,
because despite the reassurance that i would be loved even if i decided the opposite of what people may have preferred, i'm still not sure my name will ever be without blemish in yours or many in global passions eyes.
but know, i don't think that gpm is bad. and i don't think that fuel is bad.
and, i AM doing something with my life. I'm so confident in God's plan.
take this in whatever way you want, i truly am well meaning with my words.
i love you.

1 comment:

  1. I will say it again, I love you. It's true, I don't agree with your decision, but my love for you has not changed. It's your choice. It always has been. When, how and why you follow God and his calling on your life is your choice and no one else's. I AM frustrated, but that's beside the point. Your decision was made long ago. You are only finalizing it now. I knew it months ago. You only commited to it yesterday. I don't doubt that God can and will bless your life even though you're not going. He is a great God that has infinite options. It's not for his benefit that you were going or even yours. You can grow and change and develop still, I don't even doubt that.

    At this point, I think you're right. We will have to agree to disagree. I hate to argue. It's not worth it. You will never be swayed by someone else, and I will never think it's okay. But I do love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete